What Is Included with a Premium Subscription?
The SpanishDictionary.com Premium subscription offers a variety of benefits:
- It removes advertisements from the website.
- If you use the SpanishDictionary.com app on an iPhone/iPad or Android device, you can connect the website to the app (or vice versa) by signing in on both platforms to remove ads from the app as well. (Find instructions here: iOS/Android)
- You'll also have access to a set of grammar Cheat Sheets and vocabulary Phrasebooks that can be downloaded as PDFs, which are not available on the free version of SpanishDictionary.com. To access them from a computer, click the three dots at the top of the page, followed by "Cheat Sheets". In the app or the website on a mobile device, click "Cheat Sheets" in the menu.
- Your streak (count of consecutive days that you've completed a learning activity) will be repaired once per week in the event that you miss one day of practice. (See more info here: Streak Repair)
- When using the website or iOS app, you can check your Spanish (or English) texts for errors using the Writing Coach feature. To find it on a computer, click the three dots at the top of the page, followed by "Writing Coach". In the iOS app or the website on a mobile device, click "Writing Coach" in the menu. (Note: This feature is not available in the Android app.)
- You can translate up to 5,000 characters (letters, punctuation) at a time, as opposed to 500 on the free version of SpanishDictionary.com.
- You'll have access to our spaced-repetition system in the Vocabulary section to help ensure you don't forget the words you're practicing over time.
- If you use the website in Google Chrome on a computer (Mac or PC) or an Android device (not iPhone/iPad), you'll be able to access speaking questions in the lessons in the Learn Spanish and Pronunciation sections of the site.
- The lessons in the "Learn Spanish" section (on all devices) will offer a setting to choose an accent from Latin America or Spain, which will be applied as often as possible throughout the lessons (unless a speaker specifically states that they are from the opposite region).
- When you set up a Conjugation Drill, you will have the option to use the regional pronouns of "vos" and "vosotros".
- You have access to a variety of regional Spanish lessons, which can be found at the bottom of the "Grammar" section of the site/app.
If you use the SpanishDictionary.com iOS app (iPhone or iPad), your subscription gives you the following additional benefits:
- You have the option to take writing or multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes in the app while the device is offline, such as while traveling or living in an area with spotty internet coverage.
- You can speak the text you want to translate using the Voice Translation feature.
- You can translate text found in images by either taking a photo or uploading an image to the Image Translation feature.
Speaking vocabulary quizzes in the iOS app (iPhone/iPad) are not available for offline use, and vocabulary lists cannot be created or edited while offline.
The offline vocabulary quizzes, Voice Translation, and Image Translation are not available on Android devices (only iPhone and iPad).
If you sign up for a premium subscription, you will start with a 7-day free trial period to try out the Premium features. You can cancel in the settings of your account (How to Cancel a Premium Subscription) before the 7 days are over, which will ensure that you won't be charged. However, if you do not cancel during the trial period, you will be billed on the 8th day for the subscription plan that you chose.
All subscriptions are set up to renew automatically until canceled.