What is included with a Premium subscription?
The SpanishDict Premium subscription offers a variety of benefits.
- It removes advertisements from the site.
- If you use the SpanishDict app on an iPhone/iPad or Android device, you can connect the website to the app (or vice versa) to remove ads from the app as well. (Find instructions here: iOS/Android)
- You'll also have access to a set of grammar Cheat Sheets and vocabulary Phrasebooks that can be downloaded as PDFs, which are not available on the free version of the site. To access them, click the three dots at the top of the page, followed by "Cheat Sheets". On a mobile device, click "Cheat Sheets" in the menu. In the app, click "Premium" in the menu.
- Your streak (count of consecutive days that you've completed a learning activity) will be repaired once per week in the event that you miss one day of practice. (See more info here: Streak Repair)
- You can translate up to 5,000 characters (letters, punctuation) at a time, as opposed to the 500-character limit without a subscription.
- If you use the SpanishDict app on an iPhone or iPad, your subscription also gives you the option to take writing or multiple choice vocabulary quizzes in the app while the device is offline, such as while traveling or living in an area with spotty internet coverage.
Speaking quizzes are not available for offline use, and vocabulary lists cannot be created or edited while offline.
This offline-quiz feature is not available on Android devices (only iPhone and iPad).
If you sign up for a premium subscription, you will start with a 7-day free trial period to try out the Premium features. You can cancel in the settings of your account ( How to Cancel a Premium Subscription) before the 7 days are over, which will ensure that you won't be charged. However, if you do not cancel during the trial period, you will be billed on the 8th day for the subscription plan that you chose.
All subscriptions are set up to renew automatically until canceled.